Turnitin Plagiarism Review
Note: An assignment using Turnitin in the manner outlined below must be graded using the Canvas SpeedGrader in order for the grade to populate in the Canvas Grade center.
- Sign in to the Canvas course site.
- Click on Assignments in the left-hand course navigation menu.
- Click the +Assignment button located in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Enter an Assignment name into the box provided and customize the following assignment settings to meet your needs:
- Group assignment
- Peer reviews
- Moderated grading
- Points Assignment group
- Display grade as
- Select Online as the assignment Submission Type.
- Choose File Uploads under the Online entry options.
- Select Turnitin from the Plagiarism Review drop-down menu.
- Customize the following Turnitin plagiarism settings:
- Store submissions in;
- Compare submissions against;
- Similarity Report;
- Enable grammar checking using ETS® e-rater® technology.
- Show originality report to students.
- Check the Assign to setting to ensure the assignment is assigned to the appropriate individuals. Typically, you want the default Everyone.
- Set the Due date as appropriate using the calendar button in the Due field.
- Set the Available from and Until dates as appropriate. This provides students a window of opportunity to submit their assignment.
- Click Save & Publish to save the assignment and publish it for students. Alternatively, click Save to save the assignments and keep it hidden from students.
Once the assignment is created, a rubric may be added to make grading more efficient and inform students of your expectations on the assignment.