Zoom for Instructors
Sharing Zoom Recordings in a Canvas Course
After a recording has been successfully generated, an email notification will be sent to your UMKC email address. You can then share it with the students by either of the following methods.
Share in the Zoom Link in a Canvas Course
The easiest way to allow students to access recordings is through the Zoom link in Canvas. Students can go to Zoom in the navigation bar, and access existing recordings associated with a previous meeting.
Remember: Cloud recordings will be automatically removed after 30 days. See the “Share with Kaltura” instruction below” for the solution.
Share via Kaltura
Kaltura is a free media repository app in Canvas. Zoom recordings can be automatically uploaded to Kaltura as an MP4 copy. After a cloud recording is removed from Zoom, you can still publish the Kaltura copy in the course for students. Follow the steps below to publish the video in a Canvas course.
- First, make sure you have entered your UMKC username for Kaltura User Id in your Zoom profile.
- Login to the Canvas course, go to Settings –> Navigation, and enable My Media and Media Gallery.
- Go to My Media. This is where all your Kaltura videos are stored, including the Zoom recording copies. They are private to you until published.
- Check the box of the recording video to select it, then click Actions–> Publish.
- On the next page, select Published, check the courses you want to share the video with, and Save.
- You’ll receive a “Media successfully published” notice.
- Go to the Media Gallery link in the course navigation. This page stores all the Kaltura videos that are available for all the course members.
Students will now be able to watch the video by going to Media Gallery after they log into this Canvas Course.
Share the Recording Link
You may share the Zoom recording links with your students or guest speakers via email or post them to a Canvas course.
To share the links, either copy them from the email notification received from Zoom, or log into your Zoom account to retrieve.
- Go to My Recordings>Cloud Recordings.
- Click Share, select desired options, and copy the link information.
Zoom 24/7 support: 888-799-9666