UMKC Instructional Technology
☎ (816) 235-6700
Scheduling a Zoom Meeting for a Canvas Course – Instructor
Scheduling the Meeting
- Sign in to https://umkc.zoom.us with your UMKC username and password.
- Click My Meetings, then Schedule a New Meeting.
- Typing the meeting topic and choose meeting options. Watch the video below for details.
NOTE: If you would like to schedule a persistent meeting with no time limit, check the Recurring meeting box and choose No Fixed Time.
- Click Save.
Retrieving Meeting Info
- Go to My Meetings and click on the meeting name.
- You will find the meeting link as below.
Click Copy the Invitation to reveal more meeting details, including call-in numbers.
- Copy the information that you need.
Sharing the Meeting with Students
You can post the link and call-in numbers in a Canvas course so students can join the meeting. Students and guests do not need a Zoom account to join.
There are multiple ways to share a meeting in Canvas. See below as an example of how to post the meeting link in a module. Other methods including the announcement and course calendar.
Posting a Zoom Meeting link in a Course Module
- Enter the course in Canvas and click Modules in the navigation.
- Click +Module, and type in a name such as Zoom Meetings.
- Click the + button of the new module to add the link.
- Choose External URL from the dropdown menu.
- Paste the meeting link in to the URL field, type in the page name, and check Load in a new tab.
- Click Add Item.
- Make sure both the module and the link are published.
Mon-Fri: email@example.com or 816-235-6700
24/7 support: 888-799-9666