UMKC Instructional Technology
☎ (816) 235-6700
Update Respondus Lockdown Browser
Note: This page contains instructions for both Windows and Mac computers.
- Close all programs on your computer.
- Locate the LockDown Browser shortcut on your desktop and double-click it. (For Mac users, launch “LockDown Browser” from the Applications folder.)
- If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging, etc.) choose Yes when prompted. Lockdown Browser will now launch.
- Select the “i” button from the toolbar.
- Select “Check for Newer Version.”
- If a new version is available, it will be displayed. Download the new version and follow the installation steps on your computer.
- Select “About” from the toolbar.
- Select “Check for Update.”
- The version will be displayed and you will be able to download a newer version if one is available.
- Follow the installation steps on your computer.