☎ (816) 235-6700
Respondus 4.0 and Respondus Browser & Monitor
What is Respondus 4.0?
Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment program (like Microsoft Word) or moved from one eLearning system to another. Whether you are a veteran of online testing or relatively new to it, Respondus can save you hours on each project. Some of the special features are:
- Create exams and assessments offline using a Windows interface.
- Supports up to 15 question types including calculated and algorithmic formats.
- Spell check an entire exam file.
Retrieval, Reports, and Tools:
- Retrieve exams from the leading eLearning platforms, complete with media files.
- Download answer databases for quizzes or surveys and save them in an Excel-compatible format.
- Archive and restore exam/survey projects (including media content) with one click — ideal for providing a colleague with a ready-to-use exam.
- Full context-sensitive help.
- Access to hundreds of publisher test banks in Respondus format — FREE to instructors who adopt a participating textbook.
This description was taken from the Respondus website.
Downloading Respondus 4.0
Download Link: Click Here to Download Respondus 4.0
- Start by downloading the file listed above. You may be asked to log into Box with your UMKC credentials. When you click on the link, click the blue Download button in the center of the page.
- The file will download in your web browser. After it has downloaded, run the file.
- During the installation you will be asked for several pieces of information. Here are the needed responses. You can save these answers and then paste them into the appropriate area when requested.
The licensing information listed below must be entered each time the Respondus software is installed. The password can also be used for the annual renewal of the software.
|Institution Name:||University of Missouri – Kansas City|
|Local Support Contact(s):||
|Installation Password:||Click here (UMKC SSO Required)|
Updates for Respondus 4.0 come out on a non-recurring basis, so please make sure to update the software if that option is shown to you. You may also wish to click on the Help menu option and then Check for Update. This will make sure you have the most up-to-date version of Respondus 4.0.’
The Respondus Demo Movies web site has a number of helpful videos. Here are some of those demos:
- Creating and Formatting Questions with Respondus
- Publishing an Assessment to a Course Management System
- Downloading Publisher Test Banks
- Importing questions with Respondus
- The Respondus Exam Wizard
- Randomizing Exam Questions
Respondus provides instructors a central location for obtaining publisher test banks that are in Respondus format. Test banks for the leading textbooks in higher education are available, and new test banks are continually being added by publishers. Over 1,000 banks are already available. Respondus users who adopt a participating textbook for their course can obtain the Respondus-formatted test bank at no charge.
Please see the Respondus Instructor Quick Start Guide for directions on downloading the question banks.