UMKC Instructional Technology
☎ (816) 235-6700
Process Panopto Video Captions
Note: Sessions recorded after 12/17/2016 should skip to Importing Automatic Captions in Panopto
- Log-in to https://umkc.hosted.panopto.com using your SSO.
- Locate the course folder associated with the video you want to caption. Open the folder by selecting it.
- On the left-hand side of your screen, your course recordings will appear. Hover over the title of the video you would like to caption. A contextual menu will appear including Settings, Share, Edit, Stats, and Delete.
- Select “Settings.”
- A pop-up will now appear. Select “Search” in the left-hand menu bar.
- Under the “Smart Search” heading, select the “Process” link.
- Note: If your recording contains a “Reprocess” link, select that link now.
- In a few minutes, machine-generated captions will be completed for your recording and the option for “Import automatic captions” will be available in the editor.
- Note: Processing time depends on the length of the video. It may take a day or two for processing to be completed.
- Proceed to Import Automatic Captions for Your Panopto Video.
For additional help with Panopto, visit their dedicated support page.