UMKC Instructional Technology
☎ (816) 235-6700
Import Automatic Captions
Import Automatic Captions for Your Panopto Video
- Go to https://umkc.hosted.panopto.com and log-in using your SSO.
- Locate the course folder associated with the video you want to caption. Open the folder by selecting it.
- On the left-hand side of your screen, your course recordings will appear. Hover over the title of the video you would like to caption. A contextual menu will appear including Settings, Share, Edit, Stats, and Delete.
- Select “Edit.”
- A pop-up will now appear. Select “Captions” in the left-hand menu bar.
- You should now see an Import captions drop down menu. Click on the drop-down menu.
- If no captions currently exist for this session, import automatic captions by clicking “Import automatic captions.”
- Note: This is what the drop-down menu will look like if captions do exist for the session.
- Once you’ve imported your captions, select “Publish” on the top, right-hand side of the Editor to save your changes.
For additional help with Panopto, visit their dedicated support page.