Enable Panopto in Your Canvas Course
Each semester you plan to use the Panopto recorder, you must enable Panopto Recordings in your Canvas course. Enabling Panopto will create a unique Panopto folder folder for the course.
- Log-in to Canvas at http://umkc.instructure.com using your SSO and password.
- Open the Canvas course from your Dashboard by clicking on its name.
- Select Settings from the bottom of the left-hand course menu.
- Select the Navigation tab from the top of the screen.
- Locate the Panopto Recordings button (you may need to scroll down until you locate it.)
- Select the three dots to the right of Panopto Recordings and select + Enable.
- Scroll to the bottom the screen and select Save. A Panopto Recordings option will now appear in your course menu.
- Click on Panopto Recordings in your course menu. Clicking on this menu option the first time will create a new Panopto Folder for your course. This will also launch Panopto.
Note: New Panpoto Folders in Canvas are sorted under the Migration Complete tab in Panopto.