- Log in to the Canvas course site where you want the content to reside. Typically, this will be a course for the new term or semester.
- Select Settings from the left-hand course navigation menu.
- Select Import Course Content from the menu located on the far-right hand side of the page. (Note: Depending on the size of your browser window, this option may be located at the bottom of the page).
- Use the drop-down menu for Content Type to select Copy a Canvas Course.
- Begin typing the name of the course site that contains the actual content. If you want to copy a course from a previous semester, make sure you check the Include completed courses box. As you type in the Search for a course text field, a list of course options will populate. Select the appropriate course once the name appears in the list.
- Select All content to copy everything in the course. You also have the option to copy only specific aspects of a course. For instructions on copying specific content, please see Copy select content from one Canvas course to another.
- Select Adjust events and due dates if you want Canvas to automatically adjust dates in the new course.
- Choose Shift dates to have Canvas automatically alter the dates. You have the ability to use the calendar icons to indicate the new beginning and end dates for the new course.
- Choose Remove dates to have Canvas remove events and due dates in the new course. You can manually add dates back to any necessary content once the import is complete.
- Select the blue Import button.
Your import request will be added to the Current Jobs list. Once the import is finished, you will see a Completed status listed next to the job.