The Future of the Student Information System (SIS) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Initiative
The Strategic Project Management Office of the University of Missouri System, in cooperation with the four campuses, is planning the future of UM’s Student Information System (SIS) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Check below for the most recent project status update and for Frequently Asked Questions about the SIS ERP.
The “Missouri Model” will be a framework for a student information system that promotes student success and facilitates lifelong learning from the prospective student through alumnus while recognizing unique student populations.
Define and develop a scalable, adaptable, and sustainable integrated system of software, tools, and common practices that meet the critical needs of the University of Missouri System as a whole and each campus individually.
Most Recent Project Update from the UM System office: March 22, 2017
- Create SIS ERP Information Webpage. The webpage lives on UMKC’s online page: https://online.umkc.edu/sis-update/). The team leads have been instructed to contact their Provost’s office and have them place a link on the Provost pages.
- Conducted training for individuals who will facilitate the meetings with subject matter experts for Exercise #3 (SIPOC), Exercise #4 (Identifying Differences), and Exercise #5 (Recommendations).
- Tested adjusted prioritization matrix and finalized.
- Created support documentation for the prioritization matrix.
- Began developing the Stewardship/Governance Principles for the project.