Interested in learning more about Canvas and other instructional technology tools at UMKC? Register for the free faculty certification in online teaching and learning course, which is open to any UMKC instructor or graduate assistant with a current UMKC account.
During this self-paced course, you can learn on a timeline that works for you about the following topics:
- Creating an accessible syllabus and course documents;
- Building a Canvas course site using modules and pages;
- Creating assignments, quizzes, and discussions in Canvas;
- Using Turnitin in Canvas;
- Recording and captioning lectures with Panopto;
- Hosting synchronous online sessions with Zoom;
- And more!
As you work through the course, you may ask questions of the Instructional Design/Technology (ID/T) team through the course site’s Q & A discussion board. At the end of each month, the ID/T team reviews submitted work and issues certificates for successful completion. Visit our website to learn more and register for the faculty certification in online teaching and learning