BioSig-ID will be implemented later this year, beginning in fully online programs. Training will be offered for all faculty in advance of the integration of BioSig-ID into their Blackboard courses. Once BioSig-ID is integrated, faculty will experience little to no impact on their teaching.
Students will be introduced to BioSig-ID through a dedicated BioSig-ID course. This is a central location to explain BioSig-ID for new students and take care of the initial enrollment. Students will be added to the BioSig course several weeks before the start of term to allow ample time for enrollment and authentication practice. Student support for using BioSig-ID will be available 24/7 through the ITS Help Desk. There will be no additional cost to the students using BioSig-ID.
The information below should be added to the syllabus and, optionally, the course site. The text can be copied and pasted directly into a document or a Blackboard content area with no loss of formatting.
Academic Attendance Report Overview
Instructors receive a weekly attendance report of all BioSig activity in their course(s). This report:
- Provides a grid-like overview of student attendance / activity by day
- Captures the student’s BioSig-ID enrollment / validation status
- Is prepared in an easy to read visual format; date by course and active students
Potential uses for the report include:
- Compare the number of students registered to inactive students
- Connect attendance to important academic and student services dates
- Identify students that may have a password challenge
Sample Report and Legend
This brief video shows the validation process in Blackboard as your students will experience it.
Instructors do not need to authenticate with BioSig-ID, but if you are curious, you can test drive BioSig at biosig-id.com/test-drive.
These helpful information sheets can be provided to students or other interested parties.