There is a new feature in the grade center. Before, you were able to mute/unmute grade columns. Now, you are able to post/hide grades in the Canvas grade center.
You may have noticed an orange eye icon on your grade center. This means that grades are currently hidden from students. When you click the three dots next to the grade column name, you now have the option to “post grades”
Below is a chart which outlines the icon you may see in the grade center and the meaning of that icon:
|No icon displayed||
· This indicates that future graded submissions will display to students automatically.
· If you want to prevent students from seeing these grades, you can change the grading policy on that assignment to manual (this accomplishes the same thing as the previous Mute method before the 7/13/19 update).
· Manual Posting Policy has been applied.
· This icon indicates that any grades added to the assignment are hidden from student view until the instructor posts the grades.
· This icon appears once a submission is graded in an assignment that is set to manual grading policy.
· This icon indicates there are grades in that assignment that have not been posted to students yet.
· This indicates the total grade in the Gradebook differs from the total grade viewed by the student.
· There are grades hidden from student view in one or more assignments.
· When an instructor is posting grades manually, Orange Dot icons will appear beside hidden grades.
To learn more about this feature, you can read the articles below: