UMKC Instructional Technology
☎ (816) 235-6700
Move Panopto Videos from Semester to Semester (Canvas)
Step 1: Enable Panopto in Your New Canvas Course
This step creates a new Panopto folder for your Canvas course in your new semester.
- Log-in to Canvas (https://umkc.instructure.com/)
- Enter your new Canvas course.
- Select Settings at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- Select the Navigation tab at the top of of the page.
- Scroll through the list until you see Panopto Recordings.
- Select the three dots to the right of the Panopto Recordings button.
- Select +Enable.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save.
- Select Panopto Recordings in your left-hand menu. This may take a few moments to open. The first time you select this link, it generates your new folder.
- Copy the name of your new Panopto folder. You will need the exact name later in these instructions.
Step 2: Move the Recordings
- Open your old Canvas course.
- Select the Panopto Video link in the left-hand menu. You should now see the videos from your previous semester.
- Select the arrow in the upper, right-hand corner of the Panopto screen. This will open UMKC’s Panopto website in a new tab.
- Hover over one of your videos. In the top, right-hand corner of each video a checkbox will appear.
- Select the checkbox next to each recording you want to move. You may also select the check box at the top of the page next to Sort By to select all of the recordings in the folder.
- Note: There may be more than one page of recordings. Selecting Results Per Page at the bottom of your screen will show up to 250 recordings. If you have more than 250 recordings, they will have to be moved in separate batches.
- Scroll to the top of the page. Select Move.
- Note: ITS suggests moving Panopto videos from previous to current semesters rather than copying. This will keep Panopto recording links placed content areas stay intact.
- A Move Session(s) pop-up will appear. Using the drop-down menu at the top of the pop-up, paste the name of your new Canvas course folder and select it.
- Note: You must use the exact name of the folder in order to see it.
- Select the Move button in the top, right-hand corner of the pop-up.
- You will receive confirmation that the action is complete when you see Done at the top of the window.
Step 3: Confirm the Move
- Re-enter your new Canvas course.
- Select Panopto Recordings in the left-hand menu.
- Note: If Panopto Recordings is not available in your left-hand menu. Please review the instructions on how to manage your course navigation links.
- Confirm that all recordings are visible.