The deadline for online course and instructor certification is fast approaching. Select a training option that’s right for you:
The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.Mark Van Doren
Data Discovery ~ WebEx ~ Tests ~ Gradebook ~ Panopto ~ Blackboard Basics
Update your teaching toolkit over the lunch hour. Most sessions offered online.
Faculty Boot Camp July 31 to Aug 4
Boot Camp is filling up fast. Enroll today.
This popular one-week in-person workshop equips faculty with the fundamentals and certification for teaching online at UMKC. Receive hands-on training from experienced instructors, explore the newest educational technologies, and begin the process of moving your course online.
Boot Camp is open to any UMKC instructor. Individuals with little or no experience with online teaching will benefit the most from this training; however, online instructors wishing to become certified or more familiar with technologies and best practices for teaching online are encouraged to attend.
At the end of the workshop, you will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the best practices related to online education.
- Create the framework in Blackboard necessary to move your course online.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of online educational technologies and their use (WebEx, Panopto, others).
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of legal and ethical issues associated with teaching online.
- Demonstrate an understanding of UMKC’s online policies and procedures.