Archive Your Blackboard Course
You can archive your Blackboard course by following these steps:
- Log into UMKC’s Blackboard site and open the course you want to export in your course list.
- In the course, locate the Control Panel on the left-hand side.
- Select Packages and Utilities.
- Select Export/Archive Course.
- At the top of the Export/Archive Course page, select the Export Course.
- On the Export Course page, check the box next to “Copy links and include copies of the files in the course default directory.”
- Select the items you would like to move to Canvas by selecting the check marks next to each type of content OR select Select All to copy all course content.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page. Blackboard will prepare a downloadable file (.zip) of your course contents. This process can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, but you can leave the page and revisit it when the process is done. You will receive an email when the file is ready. Navigate back to the Export/Archive Course area (steps 1-4) or refresh the page and you will see a link (example pictured below).
- Click the link to download the file to your computer.
NOTE: When the file is downloaded to your computer, do not unzip the file.
- Save the file to your computer.