The Future of the Student Information System (SIS) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Initiative
The Strategic Project Management Office of the University of Missouri System, in cooperation with the four campuses, is planning the future of UM’s Student Information System (SIS) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Check below for the most recent project status update and for Frequently Asked Questions about the SIS ERP.
The “Missouri Model” will be a framework for a student information system that promotes student success and facilitates lifelong learning from the prospective student through alumnus while recognizing unique student populations.
Define and develop a scalable, adaptable, and sustainable integrated system of software, tools, and common practices that meet the critical needs of the University of Missouri System as a whole and each campus individually.
Most Recent Project Update from the UM System office: December 4, 2017
Last month’s accomplishments:
- Began drafting a report that will provide recommendations on moving forward with the 45 business processes that were evaluated during the course of the project. Change recommendations are being placed into five buckets:
- No change recommended at this time for particular processes.
- EAS investigates changes to the SIS for the 9.2 upgrade.
- Collaborative effort between the functional area(s) and EAS to make changes to both the business process and the SIS.
- Functional areas redesign the business process – does not involve EAS.
- Leadership must make decisions about administrative and academic policies and procedures prior to adjustments being made to the actual business process.
This month’s work:
- Will receive a final report from the AACRAO consultant, Dr. Reid Kisling, by December 8, 2017.
- Complete report on business processes.
- Get feedback from the team leads and full committee on the recommendations for the business processes.
- Edit final report to reflect discussions with the full committee, team leads, and UMAOs.