The Future of the Student Information System (SIS) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Initiative
The Strategic Project Management Office of the University of Missouri System, in cooperation with the four campuses, is planning the future of UM’s Student Information System (SIS) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Check below for the most recent project status update and for Frequently Asked Questions about the SIS ERP.
The “Missouri Model” will be a framework for a student information system that promotes student success and facilitates lifelong learning from the prospective student through alumnus while recognizing unique student populations.
Define and develop a scalable, adaptable, and sustainable integrated system of software, tools, and common practices that meet the critical needs of the University of Missouri System as a whole and each campus individually.
Most Recent Project Update from the UM System office: May 24, 2017
Last month’s accomplishments (May 24, 2017-June 28, 2017):
1. Completed SIPOCs on all 45 processes; analyze the output.
2. Completed exercises #4-#5 (discussion of output of SIPOCs, campuses differences, and recommendations for future changes).
3. Continued the 3rd party systems and apps collection process and began discussions about keeping these lists up-to-date in the future.
4. Began drafting the Final Recommendations document.
This month’s work (May 24, 2017-June 28, 2017):
1. Drafting Governance Structure for the student pillar; discus with SIS ERP team and ASASOC
2. Combine all lists of 3rd party systems and apps
3. Continue drafting final report