The Future of the Student Information System (SIS) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Initiative
The Strategic Project Management Office of the University of Missouri System, in cooperation with the four campuses, is planning the future of UM’s Student Information System (SIS) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Check below for the most recent project status update and for Frequently Asked Questions about the SIS ERP.
The “Missouri Model” will be a framework for a student information system that promotes student success and facilitates lifelong learning from the prospective student through alumnus while recognizing unique student populations.
Define and develop a scalable, adaptable, and sustainable integrated system of software, tools, and common practices that meet the critical needs of the University of Missouri System as a whole and each campus individually.
Most Recent Project Update from the UM System office: April 26, 2017
Last month’s accomplishments:
- Ran all identified business processes (600+) through the prioritization instrument (Exercise #2).
- Began analysis of prioritized processes data.
- Met with MU K-12 online and MU Extension – discussed considerations for a Future SIS.
- Began collecting from each campus 3rd party systems and apps (UMSL and EAS).
- Documented all communication strategies for the project.
- Conducted interviews with all team leads focusing on project progress and identifying any issues.
This month’s work:
- Complete analysis of prioritized processes data and fully document the analysis process for future use.
- Identify which processes will be fully documented/evaluated for exercises #3-#5 and begin Exercise #3: SIPOCs.
- Complete the 3rd party systems and apps collection process (UMKC, S&T, and MU) and determine next
steps in keeping these lists up-to-date moving forward.
- Begin drafting the Final Recommendations document.